All About 7.1 Surround Sound
The 7.1 surround systems came at a time when most people had just started getting used to the 5.1 systems. This is one of those systems that delivers a cinematic experience through seven speakers and a subwoofer. However, getting the best music experience is never obvious. You really have to learn how to set the speakers appropriately within your room.
What is a 7.1 surround sound systems anyway?
Ideally, this is a unique sound system that adds more speakers at your disposal. Unlike the 5.1, which has only 5 speakers, this system has an addition of two more speakers. It is similar to the 7.0 surround sound system. The only difference is that the 7.0 systems do not have the subwoofer. Generally, it has the following key speakers; left front, right front, center front, left rear, right rear, side left and side right.
How do you create an optimal sound system?
The role each speaker plays integral here – they are designed to bring a new experience. You need to identify the central position for all your speakers and set an angle for each of them. You should also take note of your ear and height. In most cases, your manufacturer will give you a clear direction on how to go about the whole process. Still, the instructions it comes with are mainly for illustrative purposes, thus, you can also manipulate it to suit your demands and needs.
- Learn how to fine tune the speakers; this is a sure way to get quality sound from the speakers.
- Be sure to have a clear path. This shouldn’t be based on any trial and error thing. It is this simple; in case you can’t see the speakers, then be sure that the sound from the speakers is being blocked and this could ultimately interfere with the quality of sound you should expect from them.
- Do an experiment; you’re at liberty to make small adjustments until you get the right quality you desire. You can reposition the speakers each time as this is a sure to get the best quality. Remember, the design and size of the room is never the same, thus, what may work best for your neighbor may not work well for you. Just ensure you’re flexible in everything that you do.
- The room acoustics; don’t expect to achieve a better sound if you ignore the effect of room acoustics. It is an essential aspect that most people tend to ignore. You should minimize the bare floors and walls as much as you can. This is a sure way you can achieve a balanced sound from your 7.1 surround sound system.
NOTE: Installing the 7.1 surround sound systems can be a challenging process and not everyone can achieve it easily. This is the reason why you need to hire an experienced and dedicated individual to perform this operation for you.
So where should you buy the 7.1 surround sound system?
There are very many brands available in the market. It is upon the end user going for one that meets his/her needs. There are crucial factors you need to consider and these include the following:
- Brand; this is a fundamental aspect that determines the quality of the speakers. You need to go for premium components if you need value for your money. In case you can’t afford it, then you’d rather go for the 5.1 surround systems.
- Flexibility and versatility; how easily can you integrate it with the existing systems? This is a crucial aspect that you can’t ignore. Alternatively, you may also consider the possibility of improving it in the future. The truth of the matter is that you won’t have the same systems for your entire life.
- Aesthetic value; does the system add any aesthetic value to your home theater or room? This is a fundamental aspect too you must consider. We not only install the 7.1 or 7.0 surround sound for quality music, but, also for a beauty purposes too.
In summary, you got to invest in quality 7.1 or 7.0 surround sound in case you need to blend both quality music from 7 speakers and integrate a unique theme in your house.